Welcome To Our Country Home!
We are a three generation family that left behind life in the big city to live the country dream. Since our move in 2011, we’ve strived to make ourselves more self-reliant and self-sufficient while embracing family-based living.
This blog is a spot for us to share our stories with other people who are considering modern homesteading, country living, or multiple generations living side-by-side. Specifically, we want to share our experiences in home education, home grown foods, home improvements, home landscaping and home cooking; all the while living in a multi-generation home.
We’ve grouped our posts into the following categories:
- Home Improved - our adventures in turning a 23 acre property and a 150 year old house into our homestead
- Home Landscaped - the trials and lessons in the maintenance and evolution of our gardens
- Home Grown - how we work to produce our own food
- Home Made - our favourite things to make, be they recipes, crafts, or carpentry
- Home Educated - our journey through homeschool using the Charlotte Mason Method
- Home Invaded - our personal stories of three generations living in close proximity
We hope you find Harrold Country Home a refreshing and honest site and choose to make it a place you visit often!
Part of our goal is to hear from people who know what they are doing who can help us get to where we are heading. All the while hoping to help others make the move into the country or into being more self sufficient with less of the mistakes that we are making. So if you would like to get an account to post comments, give us some tips, or ask us some questions just fire us an email and we will get you setup.