Welcome To Our Country Home!
We are a three generation family that left behind life in the big city to live the country dream. Since our move in 2011, we’ve striven to make ourselves more self-reliant and self-sufficient while embracing family-based living.
This blog is a spot for us to share our stories with other people who are considering modern homesteading, permaculture, country living, or multiple generations living side-by-side. Specifically, we want to share our experiences in home education, home grown foods, home improvements, home landscaping and home cooking; all the while living in a multi-generation home.
We’ve grouped our posts into the following categories:
- Home Improved - our adventures in turning a 23 acre property and a 150 year old house into our homestead
- Home Landscaped - the trials and lessons in the maintenance and evolution of our gardens
- Home Grown - how we work to produce our own food and apply permaculture methods
- Home Made - our favourite things to create and make use of
- Home Educated - our journey through homeschooling using the Charlotte Mason Method
- Home Invaded - our personal stories of three generations living in close proximity
Grandma likes to write poetry from time to time and shares some of them in our Poetry Corner.
We find pleasure in using locally grown or sourced ingredients in our food. Over time, we've come to favour particular recipes and have developed some of our own. We share these under the Recipes tab.
We hope you find Harrold Country Home a refreshing and honest site and choose to make it a place you visit often!
We Want to Hear From You!
We are continually learning and want feedback from people who are also on a homesteading journey. If you have some words of wisdom or sage advice to share, we want to hear from you. So, if you would like to get an account to post comments, give us some tips, or ask us some questions just fire us an email and we will get you setup.